During the week of 5th to 9th March 2018, we are drawn in to focus on National Apprenticeship week. Many businesses ask why they should be involved and what difference can it make? At RDM Installations we firmly support apprentices and thought we would share the benefits.
This is the 11th National Apprentice Week and continues to encourage students and young people to open up their world of opportunities when it comes to education and finding a career that could last a lifetime. It sets up events where businesses can interact with students and tell them all the realities of the working environment and not only discuss the benefits but also the hard work and determination required to achieve a great career and long-term satisfaction doing something they love.
Here at RDM Installations we have recruited number of apprentices, some of whom are still completing their qualifications and some that have become qualified and have stayed with us to continue and develop their career.
We strongly believe that apprentriceships are beneficial for businesses. Some of the advantages of recruiting an apprentice are:
- Working while training in a desired field getting hands-on experience backed up by actually doing the work with a qualified mentor
- The ability to earn while learning
- The chance to show employers your determination and work ethic with a view to continued employment
- Gaining excellent support while you qualify in your specific field or sector
- A variety of options and business sectors to choose from to suit your passions and likes
We often see that the alongside the above benefits, our apprentices become loyal to our business, they are hard working and stay with the firm long term and they can see the benefits of developing through the ranks.